Raid Addicts information
About Raid Addicts /// Getting Started
Raid Addicts is one of the longest-running EverQuest Emulator Servers around.
Server GM: Mortenson If you have problems which cannot be solved via asking in /ooc, contact him.
Server Wiki master: Whitness If something is inaccurate/needs updating on the wiki, contact her.
The server consistently reaches a population of 100+ during prime-time hours, and around 40-50 at other times, making it one of the most consistently-populated preferred servers.
There are multiple active guilds here, and its fairly easy to find a group.
There are several Bots available here for you to use, which are obtained via quests. This makes the vast majority of content up to T5 soloable.
Boxing is completely allowed, and there is no limit to the amount you can box.
Additionally, MQ2 is allowed - However, things like warping or plugins that play your characters for you are NOT allowed.
If you are going to be boxing, it is also recommended to use third party software like WinEq
Obtaining the Client
Supported clients are Underfoot and ROF2. To get the most out of the game, you will want to download ROF2, which you can get from:
Follow the guide on that website for instructions on how to unzip the files as well.
Connecting to the server
1. Visit the Raid Addicts Website and download the Server Files
2. Extract the ZIP file to your EverQuest directory. NOTE: Its always recommended that you make a backup of your dbstr_us.txt and spells_us.txt files, JUST in case, or make another copy of your EverQuest Directory.
3. From there, you should be able to open up your EverQuest Client, look for Raid Addicts under the Preferred Servers List, and connect!
4. If this is your first time using EQEmu, you may want to check out the Getting Started guide on the official EQEmulator website.
Strategic Donations/VIP purchases:
Donations from players help a lot with server costs and upgrades.
A $1 donation is equivalent to 100 VIP credits.
This server was designed in such a way you do not need to purchase VIP credits in order to progress. Everything available in this zone is achievable without donations, but this will help give you an edge.
The server has a special "Donator Zone", which takes place in Freeport Temple. Visit this zone by using the "#peqzone freeporttemple" command, or by telling Grand Archanist Fink "freeporttemple".
The Donator Zone offers merchants to purchase items with VIP credits.
The Donator Zone also offers event spawners if you cannot locate a specific NPC spawned while playing.
Summer Special July 4th to September 22nd
SUMMER SPECIAL: (To help raise funds for ISP installation + new costs for faster internet as well as to send in $500 to Eqemu Developers for working so hard on the netcode and improvements lately)
Triple Bonus on all Donations + Platinum based on amount IE., $25 = 25 Million Plat , $51 = 51 Million etc etc.
$25-50 gets a Yellow Prize Clicky + triple VIP $51-100 gets an Orange Prize Clicky + triple VIP $150+ gets a Green Prize Clicky + triple VIP (Summons random Yellow, Orange and Green Augments, there will be no exchanges of the augments. Sometimes you will get a nice aug and sometimes you will not! Luck of the draw and a free gift for the donation so please no complaining if you get some lame aug you don't want folks , they were however made tradeable recently.)
Special will run until Friday , September 22nd
For info on where to donate go here: http://raidaddicts.org/donate.php
Setting Up Discord
Discord is a free-to-use Text and Voice Chat app designed with gamers in mind.
EQEmu and Raid Addicts use this service so that players can freely communicate with each other,
and so that you can always keep an eye on whats going on in the world. They also have a mobile app
1. You can download Discord from here. Install it wherever.
2. Use This Link to connect to our server.
Using Tools Like Allah and Magelo
Allah is an amazing tool, and something that can be used to find out several things, such as:
- Respawn time on Mobs
- Mob loot tables
- Spell Effects (Not always 100% accurate)
For a more detailed guide on how to use Allah and Magelo use the How to Use link.
MacroQuest is allowed, so long as you're the one sending commands to your characters.
This means NO BOTTING, NO WARPING, etc with it. Read our MacroQuest guide here.
You can download a proper version of MacroQuest right here.
Optimizing Progression/Catching up
- Feel free to play through all the older content and get your equipment the good ol' way. It can be very enjoyable, but it is not vital on your first character.
If you want to get up in gear and level to start competing/raiding end game content, below are some suggestions for streamlining that process.
- You can bypass the level 1-100 course by purchasing Remnants of Lardo.
- Remnants of Lardo Mk. I is sold for 35,000 Guks by Justin Khoski. This skips you to level 100.
- Remnants of Lardo Mk. II is sold for 130,000 Guks by Justin Khoski. This skips you to level 100 and provides you with some gear.
- Remnants of Lardo Mk. III is sold for 50,000,000 Guks by Kehn Khoski. This skips you to level 103 with some gear, but is not usable if you already own the IoG 2.0
- Remnants of Lardo Mk. IV is sold for 420,000,000 Guks by Kehn Knoski. This skips you to level 104 with some gear, but is not usable if you already own the IoG 2.5
- You can buy Tier 2 Armor from Kehn in Suncrest Isle. If you do this, attempt easier daily missions, farm guks and start buying Aug's from Kehn to power up your armor.
Oranges are your friends and can be traded. Once powerful enough, or with a mentoring friend, seek out your epic 3.0 and after that the epic 3.5 aug quest.
Hint: The mob for the augment can be found in Tenebrous Mountains (top of castle on the balcony) and in the Floating Room in City of Mist.
These aug is truly worth it, and the quest is repeatable, so get as many that you can fit into the appropriate slot until you replace them later with drops or Kehn purchases.
Getting fully auged in all equipment slot is a high priority. If you are still having a hard time doing Epic 3.0 in your fully auged 2.0 gear, you may want to start working on Tier 3 Armor.
See the guides in this wiki for more detail on that.
- AA Coins are obtained via NPC drops. If you are a pet class, buy your pet aug from AA Ron, and upgrade to platinum quality ASAP, even before Tier armor progression or Epic!
The food purchase from AA Ron is also a great stat boost.
- Start with your Daily Quests, such as the Old School Raid Bosses , given by "A Raid Leader" (New player gear daily mission).
Each boss mob should be checked to see if they drop a non tier armor upgrade. You'll receive 1 million guk points and 5 random AA coins upon finishing.
This question also collaborates with Diabolik Pain's quest, which gives you your druid bot. Pick up that quest before you do the raid for the first time.
- As you progress through putting augments in the Tier 3 Armor, test yourself against the other daily missions.
- Once you can start to solo the mobs in Lesser Faydark, start your Tier 4 Armor quest.
- As your progress to Tier 5 you will need a little more help from other people.
- Bots and Bot Gearing Goons (Bots).
- Fighter (warrior) bot: You start out with the fighter bot. If you don't, use /guidehelp to contact Mortenson, the GM.
- Monk Bot: This quest is obtained in Suncrest Isle from Amber the Flame Spirit.
- Druid bot: Obtained from Diabolik Pain's Many Ancient Foes (Tier 1 Players) in Suncrest Isle.
- Ranger Bot / Wizard Bot: These are purchasanle from Kehn Khoski in Suncrest Isle.
- The Instrument of Godlyness (IOG) quests are incredibly fun and vital to playing later. This has equal priority to T4 armor if you can defeat the fights.
- Tier 4 armor requires faction and it can be a bit of a grind. It takes time, so if you think you may want to multi-box, I would suggest doing them for all your characters.
The drops are often multiple, especially for the 4.0 epic and armor quests.
- Once you start hitting Direwind and/or finish off your 4.0/4.5 armor, remember that the mobs associated with the epic quests are some of the most farmed in game.
They all drop 100 spells and have great equipment that can take you through Tier 5.
Fippy is farmed for weapon augs and the Almighty Wombahhh has great weapons and an augment that would be worth it if it was the only drop.