This page is no longer fully valid, it contains some basic info,
but most is covered in either the New player guide, or if you are a returning player, the Returning Players section
Welcome to Raid Addicts! Just a few quick facts:
- This server is one of the oldest EQEmu servers around, and is still in active development.
- Active Development means things are constantly changing, and classes / content get new abilities and changes all the time.
- Raid Addicts has recently been made to be more solo-friendly!
- Boxing a few characters is still not a bad idea, however.
- There are hundreds upon hundreds of raid targets to kill, and hundreds of quests to complete.
Before Getting Started
- Be sure to grab the Server Files!
- Raid Addicts supports both Underfoot and ROF2. Older clients may work, but you may not have an optimal experience.
- MacroQuest is allowed, so long as you're the one sending commands to your characters.
This means NO BOTTING, NO WARPING, etc with it. Read our MacroQuest guide here.
Optimizing Progression/Catching up
- Feel free to play through all the older content and get your equipment the good ol' way. It can be very enjoyable, but it is not vital on your first character.
If you want to get up in gear and level to start competing/raiding end game content, below are some suggestions for streamlining that process.
- You can bypass the level 1-100 course by purchasing Remnants of Lardo.
- Remnants of Lardo Mk. I is sold for 35,000 Guks by Justin Khoski. This skips you to level 100.
- Remnants of Lardo Mk. II is sold for 130,000 Guks by Justin Khoski. This skips you to level 100 and provides you with some gear.
- Remnants of Lardo Mk. III is sold for 50,000,000 Guks by Kehn Khoski. This skips you to level 103 with some gear, but is not usable if you already own the IoG 2.0
- Remnants of Lardo Mk. IV is sold for 420,000,000 Guks by Kehn Knoski. This skips you to level 104 with some gear, but is not usable if you already own the IoG 2.5
- You can buy Tier 2 Armor from Kehn in Kerra. If you do this, attempt easier daily missions, farm guks and start buying Aug's from Kehn to power up your armor.
Oranges are your friends and can be traded. Once powerful enough, or with a mentoring friend, seek out your epic 3.0 and after that the epic 3.5 aug quest.
Hint: The mob for the augment can be found in Tenebrous Mountains (top of castle on the balcony) and in the Floating Room in City of Mist.
These aug is truly worth it, and the quest is repeatable, so get as many that you can fit into the appropriate slot until you replace them later with drops or Kehn purchases.
Getting fully auged in all equipment slot is a high priority. If you are still having a hard time doing Epic 3.0 in your fully auged 2.0 gear, you may want to start working on Tier 3 Armor.
See the guides in this wiki for more detail on that.
- AA Coins are obtained via NPC drops. If you are a pet class, buy your pet aug from AA Ron, and upgrade to platinum quality ASAP, even before Tier armor progression or Epic!
The food purchase from AA Ron is also a great stat boost.
- Start with your Daily Quests, such as the Old School Raid Bosses , given by "A Raid Leader" (New player gear daily mission).
Each boss mob should be checked to see if they drop a non tier armor upgrade. You'll receive 1 million guk points and 5 random AA coins upon finishing.
This question also collaborates with Diabolik Pain's quest, which gives you your druid bot. Pick up that quest before you do the raid for the first time.
- As you progress through putting augments in the Tier 3 Armor, test yourself against the other daily missions.
- Once you can start to solo the mobs in Lesser Faydark, start your Tier 4 Armor quest.
- As your progress to Tier 5 you will need a little more help from other people.
- Bots and Bot Gearing Goons (Bots).
- Fighter (warrior) bot: You start out with the fighter bot. If you don't, use /guidehelp to contact Mortenson, the GM.
- Monk Bot: This quest is obtained in Kerra Isle from Amber the Flame Spirit.
- Druid bot: Obtained from Diabolik Pain's Many Ancient Foes (Tier 1 Players) in Kerra Isle.
- Ranger Bot / Wizard Bot: These are purchasanle from Kehn Khoski in Kerra Isle.
- The Instrument of Godlyness (IOG) quests are incredibly fun and vital to playing later. This has equal priority to T4 armor if you can defeat the fights.
- Tier 4 armor requires faction and it can be a bit of a grind. It takes time, so if you think you may want to multi-box, I would suggest doing them for all your characters.
The drops are often multiple, especially for the 4.0 epic and armor quests.
- Once you start hitting Direwind and/or finish off your 4.0/4.5 armor, remember that the mobs associated with the epic quests are some of the most farmed in game.
They all drop 100 spells and have great equipment that can take you through Tier 5.
Fippy is farmed for weapon augs and the Almighty Wombahhh has great weapons and an augment that would be worth it if it was the only drop.
Donations help with a lot of things in server costs and upgrades. You don't want to be frivolous with the precious VIP credits.
When you can dedicate time to leveling (often people farm the third island in Plane of Air for this) the Mk. 5 experience potion is a great boon.
If you are waiting on spawns, or someone keeps beating you too them, this can be a great place to invest in the future.
Use the Event Spawner in the Donator Zone (freeporttemple) as an alternative to spawn the bosses that you can't get.
The event spawner is also great for doing multiple box prepping. Using a VIP purchase to get the guk you need is also a good use.
Once you feel a bottleneck starting, because you have caught up and competing with the other top players, is usually the best time to use a VIP purchase.
VIP is option system and not vital to character enjoyment on server.